Love working with no-nonsense, data-driven people? Excited to help progressives win elections and advance their causes? Great, then TargetSmart is the place for you!
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 – $90,000
As a member of TargetSmart’s IT Team, you will build and maintain internal systems used by TargetSmart staff to support our mission-driven clients. In particular, the Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for the planning, design, administration, and maintenance of TargetSmart’s employee-facing cloud infrastructure. TargetSmart is seeking a versatile and experienced candidate with broad knowledge of modern cloud architectures (AWS & Azure), enterprise cloud applications, cybersecurity, and SysOps/SecOps. The candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing and modern IT program using some of the latest tools and frameworks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and Operations
- Assist with administration, configuration and tuning of enterprise cloud applications, AWS/Azure services, and Windows OS
- Administer employee identities across systems and directories
- Assist with the refinement and implementing IT policies and procedures
- Provide Tier III technical support
- Be available remotely for occasional after-hours systems maintenance
- Ensure data backup processes are completing on schedule and, when needed, recover data from backups
- Maintain and improve a cohesive logging, monitoring and alerting strategy for SysOps and SecOps programs
- Research new cloud technologies and make recommendations to senior leadership
- As part of the cross-team security group, research, recommend, and implement a variety of cybersecurity tools, including protection, detection, monitoring, and alerting
- Plan for and analyze real-time capacity management needs
- Maintain and improve data backup and recovery processes
- Harden cloud-based zero trust policies across the organization
The job profile reflects the assignment of essential job functions, though additional functions may exist. This profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all work activities, duties or responsibilities. TargetSmart reserves the right to assign or reassign work activities, duties and responsibilities as needed for reasonable accommodations and business purposes.
The Cloud Systems Engineer reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field
- 5+ years’ experience in a Systems or Security Engineering / Operations role using cloud infrastructure
- Experience with any or all of the following AWS services: compute, storage, management & governance, networking, security/identity/compliance tools
- Well versed in Identity Management / Single Sign On, including Azure AD
- Implementation experience with SIEM, UEBA, CASB, DLP, MDM, and endpoint security tools
- Windows Server administration
- Data Backups & Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Familiarity with Zero Trust concepts
- Ability to work independently and think creatively
- Comfortable navigating a broad range of systems and technologies with an ability to put it all together
- Unparalleled troubleshooting and problem-solving experience
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Knowledge of InfoSec frameworks and experience with InfoSec policy development
- Windows Powershell or python scripting
- Alteryx; basic understanding of workflow development or application support
- Vendor management
- Experience working with political or consumer marketing data
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com