A TargetSmart Data Product Specialist provides research, handles and processes raw, inbound data feeds, and ultimately assists in the production and delivery of new data products. The Data Product Specialist works as a member of the Data Products Build team to ensure that we construct high-quality and impactful data products for our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure on-time delivery of designated information requests.
- Manages time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Submits, documents, tracks and monitors data processing jobs.
- Audits/verifies all work results.
- Builds data processing workflows to streamline processes.
- Researches and accurately validates source data, data formatting specifications and output requirements ensuring minimal defects.
- Works with sources to understand incoming data and make modifications to existing processes to enhance and ensure the quality of the affected data products
- Performs audits to ensure compliance with quality assurance processes, established procedures, project requirements and service level agreements/expectations.
- Fulfills TargetSmart documentation and auditing requirements.
- Research, acquisition, processing and documentation of available vote history, district and other data types for internal and external client support work and delivery.
- Processing, tracking, and documentation of incoming source files.
- Creation, delivery, and tracking of product files.
- Professionally communicates internally and externally with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Attends all client and internal meetings and conference calls as needed.
- Is available via email/phone during normal business hours (M-F, 9AM-6PM EST).
The job profile reflects the assignment of essential job functions, though additional functions may exist. This profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all work activities, duties or responsibilities. TargetSmart reserves the right to assign or reassign work activities, duties and responsibilities as needed for reasonable accommodations and business purposes.
The Data Product Specialist reports directly to designated TargetSmart staff in charge of Data Products.
- Strong organizational skills
- Trouble-shooting/problem-solving experience
- Technical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience working with political data
TargetSmart thrives on a unique atmosphere and culture. Our professionals, at all levels, work primarily as virtual teams spread across the country. We encourage remote working and provide the necessary technology to facilitate it. We also foster an open environment (virtually, of course) where team members seek input from and are encouraged to collaborate and exchange ideas with their colleagues at all levels of the company. We decentralize decision-making wherever possible and put authority where the knowledge is. It’s our belief that this creates an atmosphere of respect and integrity where we all work together toward common goals. We believe that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of untapped groups are welcome on our teams.
We offer a supportive workplace filled with dedicated and creative people and all the following benefits:
Including a 401(k) with generous company matching.
100% REMOTE WORKING OPPORTUNITY
Always have been and always will be.
TOP-NOTCH MEDICAL COVERAGE
Domestic-partner inclusive, health, dental, vision, life, cancer coverage, and long-term disability insurance for you and your dependents.
GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF
23 days of PTO per year. We believe in work-life balance and encourage you to use your time off. The company provides 10 ½ paid holidays per year.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
8 weeks of fully paid time off. All genders qualify equally, and the policy includes adoptions.
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically-focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.