Location: Remote/Home Office
Salary Range: $110,000 – $135,000
A TargetSmart Senior Engineer’s role is to take ownership of existing software products for performance and feature upgrades as well as general maintenance. You will be expected to have an in-depth understanding of relevant best practices as well as an expertise with the tools needed to debug and diagnose issues in any type of environment. You will also contribute as a team member to testing, QA and documentation across our product line. Additional opportunities will arise to design and develop new software products. The TargetSmart Technology Team is a small agile team of motivated individuals who welcome challenges, adapt quickly, strive to acquire new knowledge, learn new technologies, accept new responsibilities, and work well individually, as a team, and with other teams within the organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DUTIES:
- Maintain in-depth understanding of relevant best practices. Display expertise with tools needed to debug and diagnose issues in any type of environment. Understand the scope and relationships of large features and production stacks for their area. Have subject matter expertise in at least one component. Have a good understanding of all components of their product.
- Given a medium to large understood problem, can design and implement a solution.
- Show initiative and help when needed without being asked. Deliver feedback in a constructive manner. Provide guidance to other engineers. Work well with technical leads, incorporating feedback as needed. Helps focus discussion on important aspects.
- Perform and automate operational tasks in support of production deployments.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to shape and scope projects.
- Support request response and resolution.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Python 3 expertise in the context of developing and maintaining reliable, performant, and scalable data processing routines, web service and database interactions, and development and maintenance of test suites.
- boto3 AWS scripting interacting with S3, Batch, Lambda, RDS, Athena, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Firehose, Secrets Manager, and other AWS services.
- SQL in the context of AWS Athena and RDS. Database design and optimization to fit application needs.
- Git for source control with Bitbucket Pipelines CI/CD.
- Docker based development and container deployment in the context of AWS ECS.
- Web development in the context of creating, maintaining, and enhancing internally accessible systems management utilities.
- Secure development and deployment practices.
- MacOS and Linux development environments. Unix/Linux scripting.
- Pandas and Sqlalchemy
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart thrives on a unique atmosphere and culture. Our professionals, at all levels, work primarily as virtual teams spread across the country. We encourage remote working and provide the necessary technology to facilitate it. We also foster an open environment (virtually, of course) where team members seek input from and are encouraged to collaborate and exchange ideas with their colleagues at all levels of the company. We decentralize decision-making wherever possible and put authority where the knowledge is. It’s our belief that this creates an atmosphere of respect and integrity where we all work together toward common goals. We believe that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of untapped groups are welcome on our teams.
We offer a supportive workplace filled with dedicated and creative people and all the following benefits:
Including a 401(k) with generous company matching.
100% REMOTE WORKING OPPORTUNITY
Always have been and always will be.
TOP-NOTCH MEDICAL COVERAGE
Domestic-partner inclusive, health, dental, vision, life, cancer coverage, and long-term disability insurance for you and your dependents.
GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF
23 days of PTO per year. We believe in work-life balance and encourage you to use your time off. The company provides 11 ½ paid holidays per year.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
8 weeks of fully paid time off. All genders qualify equally, and the policy includes adoptions.
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically-focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.