Proprietary matching technology that is integrated into all of TargetSmart’s offerings, allowing us to accurately track people over time.
ExactTrack is an information-driven record linkage technology created to consistently recognize people over time, even as they change their names and addresses. In addition to providing powerful list matching capabilities, ExactTrack can also be used to enhance postal addresses in order to optimize deliverability as well as finding changes of address not possible with other methods.
- ExactTrack is a linkage technology that can recognize people regardless of whether they change their address and/or name.
- In addition to being able to match across data sets, ExactTrack is an effective tool for enhancing existing lists.
- ExactTrack can be used for a variety of purposes; including the reactivation of lapsed clients or inquirers, the identification of potential new addresses for individuals whose addresses appear undeliverable, and more.
More Info About ExactTrack
Traditional matching technologies rely on approximate string matching and nickname tables to attempt “fuzzy matches” between data sets. ExactTrack is a completely different technology. Built from a historic repository of consumer occupancies, ExactTrack takes all personally identifiable information (PII), record linkages (such as changes of address), and other pointers (such as new telephone connections), and creates a single view of a consumer over time. This single, consistent, consumer view enables us to:
- Recognize people over time, even as they move around the country, change their last name, or use a nickname.
- Overcome significant issues with data quality, including misspellings and missing data.
- Match people from disparate data sources (lists) with a high degree of confidence and accuracy.
In addition to being an invaluable tool for list matching within and across data sets, ExactTrack also enables address enhancement by comparing the accuracy of the address that was input to the system against the address that exists in the ExactTrack database. If the ExactTrack address for a matched record is more complete or more deliverable (according to the postal service), then ExactTrack will return the address from its database and augment the accuracy of the address submitted.
For example, assume that Bill Smith at 123 Main Street was matched from an input list. ExactTrack also has a Bill Smith at 123 Main Street; however, we have Bill Smith at 123 Main Street, Apartment A3. This slight change in detail can impact the ability to effectively communicate with Bill Smith, and the ability to match his record to other databases.
Change of Address
In addition to enhancing existing addresses, ExactTrack also provides more current addresses by leveraging a ‘move-in’ date on its historic occupant database. National Change of Address is still the preferred change of address source. However, ExactTrack also provides a powerful, supplemental change of address service to identify changes of address. It can be used for a variety of purposes, including the reactivation of lapsed clients or inquirers, identifying potential new addresses for individuals whose addresses appear undeliverable, and many others.