The most comprehensive and up-to-date voter file ever assembled.
VoterBase is the market’s leading national voter file, containing the contact and voting information of over 191 million voters, and 58 million unregistered, voting age consumers. Thousands of campaigns each year rely on the unparalleled accuracy of VoterBase data to power their fundraising, research, and voter contact programs.
- With more updates than any other voter file on the market, VoterBase provides the most accurate and current voter data available.
- TargetSmart’s proprietary and field-tested data enhancement and cleaning processes make VoterBase the most effective and actionable voter file in existence.
- VoterBase can be used for a wide range of applications; from voter outreach to survey research and sophisticated analytics. VoterBase is also a key component of our Omni-Channel marketing platform, VoterFile 2.0.
- The success of numerous advocacy, outreach, and analytic clients has proven that VoterBase can be effectively used to better understand and engage the American electorate; powering winning campaigns and causes.
- VoterBase is a foundational tool that is closely tied to many of our products and capabilities.
More Info About VoterBase
Did you know? VoterBase has identified and flagged over five million duplicate voter registrations, making certain that you only target those who can actually vote.
Did you know? numbers are a critical piece of information for research and voter contact, and few source voter files even contain them, especially mobile number.
Did you know? VoterBase identifies deceased voters by frequently comparing its data against the Social Security Administration’s deceased database.
TargetSmart sources its voter lists directly from state and county election authorities, performing more updates than any other provider. Our aggressive update schedule ensures that our data always contains the latest voter history, precinct and district boundaries, and new registrants.
- Over the past four years, VoterBase has had more than 1,000 state and county file updates. That’s an average of nearly five updates per state.
- VoterBase contains detailed local district information and an unparalleled depth of voter history.
- VoterBase remains the market’s best source for early and absentee voter data.
Nearly a quarter of all available source voter registration data contains inaccurate data. Typical voter data issues include; outdated or undeliverable addresses, deceased voters, and duplicate voter registrations. VoterBase identifies and corrects the vast majority of these issues using our market-leading data quality services.
- Outdated Addresses –16% of registered voters are not actually registered at their current address. TargetSmart identifies and provides current address information for a large portion of these voters. TargetSmart goes beyond the basic postal processing that most vendors perform, using private change of address sources to identify incorrect addresses.
- Deceased Voters – VoterBase identifies deceased voters by frequently comparing its data against the Social Security Administration’s deceased database. Using this process, we have identified that nearly 1 million of currently registered voters are actually deceased.
- Duplicate Registrations – VoterBase has identified and flagged over five million duplicate voter registrations, making certain that you only target those who can actually vote.
- Missing or Outdated Phone Numbers – Telephone numbers are a critical piece of information for research and voter contact, and few source voter files even contain them. Additionally, more and more voters are relying solely on wireless mobile phones. VoterBase uses our market-leading matching technology to update and append more than 114 million landline numbers, 70 million wireless numbers, and 15 million VOIP numbers, ensuring that you will reach your target audience.
One of the most important components to an effective voter database is its targeting data. VoterBase links to a variety of powerful targeting data sources; creating powerful voter profiles that let you better understand your target audience.
- Census Data – Integrated PL94, American Community Survey, and census projection data sets.
- Consumer Data – Hundreds of powerful individual and household level demographics, lifestyle, and interest data attributes.
- Contributor Data – Political contributions at the state and federal level dating back 15 years.
- Electoral Data – Precinct-level election results from the past 3 election cycles.
TargetSmart combines custom survey research with our vast collection of data to build powerful models capable of predicting voter behaviors. Our predictive insights, all provided directly on VoterBase as numeric scores, include partisanship, voting propensity, activism, turnout and contribution predilection as well as issue preference models such as the environment, gun control, and more.