The Strategic Solutions Team combines TargetSmart’s vast store of data and analytics resources with analysis and visualization techniques to provide customized, data-driven solutions for clients and other internal and external stakeholders. The Strategic Analyst leverages their knowledge and experience using a range of datasets including voter files, census data and geographies (block, block group, tract, etc.), commercial data, program generated data or other publicly available data to provide actionable analysis, reporting and visualizations to help clients achieve their political, advocacy, marketing, fundraising or other goals.
In This Position, You will:
- Work closely with team members and other teams across the company using data and analysis techniques to provide deliverables to clients and other internal or external stakeholders.
- Create memos, presentations or other collateral that convey key concepts and conclusions.
- Create maps and other geographic resources using technologies such as Maptitude, Arc-GIS, or equivalent spatial manipulation tools.
- Use census geographies (block, block group, tract, etc.) and census data sets such as the American Community Survey and other census data products to provide population level analysis to clients.
- Use political and electoral performance data such as Democratic performance index (DPI), election results and voter turnout, to provide strategic analysis and program recommendations to clients.
- Create reporting mechanisms to help inform campaigns, organizations, and other clients on key performance indicators (KPI) around their outreach and campaign programs.
- Solicit client feedback and troubleshoot/problem-solve issues as they arise while managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Build workflows and processes that are scalable and repeatable.
- Strong communication, technical writing skills, and the ability to present information to clients that convey key concepts and conclusions.
- Ability to multitask and work on deadlines for a variety of clients.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing a range of large data sets such as voterfile, census, commercial, client produced data (i.e., membership or other proprietary data) or other publicly available datasets.
- Familiarity with geographies, data sets, and data products created by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Familiarity with political and electoral performance trends, voter turnout, incumbency, and competitiveness and how these variables interact to influence electoral outcomes.
- Experience manipulating precinct level election results is a plus.
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, and voter files is a plus.
TargetSmart focuses on our customers’ success and finding the best ways to ensure that success. With a politically focused approach, our team combines proprietary technologies, consumer data, public databases, data integrations, and strategic consulting to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.
TargetSmart thrives on a unique atmosphere and culture. Our professionals, at all levels, work primarily as virtual teams spread across the country. We encourage remote working and provide the necessary technology to facilitate it. We also foster an open environment (virtually, of course) where team members seek input from and are encouraged to collaborate and exchange ideas with their colleagues at all levels of the company. We decentralize decision-making wherever possible and put authority where the knowledge is. It’s our belief that this creates an atmosphere of respect and integrity where we all work together toward common goals. We believe that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and members of untapped groups are welcome on our teams.
We offer a supportive workplace filled with dedicated and creative people and all the following benefits:
Including a 401(k) with generous company matching.
100% REMOTE WORKING OPPORTUNITY
Always have been and always will be.
TOP-NOTCH MEDICAL COVERAGE
Domestic-partner inclusive, health, dental, vision, life, cancer coverage, and long-term disability insurance for you and your dependents.
GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF
23 days of PTO per year. We believe in work-life balance and encourage you to use your time off. The company provides 11 ½ paid holidays per year.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
8 weeks of fully paid time off. All genders qualify equally, and the policy includes adoptions.