TargetSmart Releases New Polling on Arizona, Georgia, and National Voting-Rights Legislation
Poll Commissioned by Stacey Abrams-Founded Fair Fight Action Shows Public Opposition to Republican-Backed State Legislation and Broad Support for Increased Voting Access
Washington, DC – Today, Tuesday, March 30th TargetSmart released findings from a major polling project commissioned by Fair Fight Action.
The new polling covers a raft of restrictive voting measures in Arizona as well as findings on national public opinion on key provisions in the For the People Act (HR1/S1) and John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act (HR4).
Major findings of the newly released polling include:
- Strong public opposition in Georgia to SB 202, signed into law last week
- Consensus opposition among Arizona voters to restrictive measures to limit early voting and voting by mail.
- Overwhelming opposition in Arizona to state legislative power grabs when it comes to elections.
- Broad opposition to partisan and racial gerrymandering in both Arizona and at the national level.
- Tremendous popularity for key provisions in HR 1 like expanded early voting, shorter lines, same day voter registration and automatic voter registration.
- Overwhelming support for the John Lewis Voting Rights Voting Rights Advancement Act.
Questions about the poll? Please contact email@example.com.
Questions about the policy tested in the poll? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View this presentation as a PDF